IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game Crashing
Guest_FakeBookUser001_*
post Sep 1 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #1

Guests

This is just an FYI for the general community so they might be able to find this post if they have the same problem, but the game crashes if you attack one of your companions or if they turn on you. Afterwards, the area becomes blighted. I don't know if that's permanent or until the game regenerates its monsters, but anyone who enters the area is basically irretrievable due to there being something wrong with the map area. I was able to fix this by using MicroFX's mod to send my characters back to the city. I will keep you all posted about whether or not this bug persists after the map refreshes its monsters.

NOTE: After retrieving my characters, I could still traverse the rest of the map just fine.

EDIT1: An hour or so later when the monsters in the nearby rooms have refreshed, that room is still bugged. It doesn't allow you to exit as it thinks there are monsters in the area, and after you try to click something, it crashes. Fortunately, it's in the 26/21/1 room, which gives access to 1 other room so I can afford to just avoid it. A few years ago, the game crashed and left the blight in the entry room of the dungeon, rendering the game unplayable. I'll see if it gets better a few hours from now.

EDIT2: Cool, so after another refresh of the nearby monsters, the glitch went away. The room's functioning normally now.

CONCLUSION:
If you have the MicroFX editor, send your characters back to the city and avoid that room for a while. If you don't, you'll have to wait until a refresh.

This post has been edited by FakeBookUser001: Sep 1 2012, 09:39 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 12:20 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits