kwizzlehazzizle
post Sep 22 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #1341

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,403
referrer:Google

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 21 2016, 11:07 PM) *
What other characters are in your party, kwizzlehazzizle?

I also have an Osiri Healer/Scavenger, and Orisiri Sorcerer/Thief and a Giant Warrior/Seeker.

The Giant levels really quickly so I keep him at the back of the party, only moving him forward when things get hairy. I keep my healer in the front most of the time for XP and sometimes do the same with the sorcerer. My Paladin/Mage moves to the front too, but more for protecting my weaker characters.

I tried running solo, but paralysis is deadly. There is an item called the Holy Sword that gives paralysis resist that I can use at level 153, so once I get there (130s currently) I'll try soloing again.

I had looked into creating a dwarf as my main but I don't remember why I chose to make a gnome instead, something about which guilds they could join I think.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 22 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #1342

Soldier

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

QUOTE (kwizzlehazzizle @ Sep 22 2016, 08:39 AM) *
I also have an Osiri Healer/Scavenger, and Orisiri Sorcerer/Thief and a Giant Warrior/Seeker. The Giant levels really quickly so I keep him at the back of the party, only moving him forward when things get hairy. I keep my healer in the front most of the time for XP and sometimes do the same with the sorcerer. My Paladin/Mage moves to the front too, but more for protecting my weaker characters. I tried running solo, but paralysis is deadly. There is an item called the Holy Sword that gives paralysis resist that I can use at level 153, so once I get there (130s currently) I'll try soloing again. I had looked into creating a dwarf as my main but I don't remember why I chose to make a gnome instead, something about which guilds they could join I think.

Gnomes make the best Mages because of their high CHA, as well as good INT and WIS. Their big weakness is a lack of natural resistances, so you need to expend spell points or potions to keep them safe. My next Gnome will be a Sorcerer, so he'll get cheap resistance spells.

I look forward to acquiring a Holy Sword. The best weapon I've found so far is a Dwarven Hammer (thanks, Dwarven Lord!), but I'll need another 60 levels or so before my Dwarf can use it. In the meantime, I'm hoping to find a Crystal Sword.

+Quote Post
AVB
post Aug 19 2018, 08:43 PM
Post #1343

Vagabond

Member No.: 353
referrer:yahoo

nice..this place still exists !

kudos

i may reinstall for funtimes sometime

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Nov 21 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #1344

Lord Fnorgle

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
referrer:Let's see.. I can't remember now, it was too long ago.

Greetings!

Not a newbie by any stretch but I have been absent for nearly a decade now. Thought I'd pop by and say hello again, this used to be one of my favourite haunts (and indeed one of my favourite games) back in my teenage years so it's great to see that the site is still going.

Can't promise I'll be very active but I'll try to pop by from time to time at least.

Until then, have a great day!

BLauritson

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gutsy
post Nov 24 2018, 08:57 PM
Post #1345

Gibbering Frenchman

Member No.: 782
referrer:Slimey's

QUOTE (BLauritson @ Nov 21 2018, 03:21 PM) *
Greetings!

Not a newbie by any stretch but I have been absent for nearly a decade now. Thought I'd pop by and say hello again, this used to be one of my favourite haunts (and indeed one of my favourite games) back in my teenage years so it's great to see that the site is still going.

Can't promise I'll be very active but I'll try to pop by from time to time at least.

Until then, have a great day!

BLauritson

Believe it or not, I was just thinking about you a couple days ago!

I haven't been active here much either but it's good to see you're still kicking. happy.gif

--------------------
Gutsy

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Nov 25 2018, 08:21 PM
Post #1346

Lord Fnorgle

QUOTE (Gutsy @ Nov 24 2018, 08:57 PM) *
Believe it or not, I was just thinking about you a couple days ago!

I haven't been active here much either but it's good to see you're still kicking. happy.gif

Must have been fate! smile.gif

Good to hear from you too Gutsy, I'll have to spend some time catching up and seeing who else is about.

--------------------

+Quote Post
puma
post Jan 15 2019, 01:08 PM
Post #1347

Student

Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

Add me to the long list of former players from ages past who has chosen to return to the dungeons of Mordor. About 15 years ago I "beat" the game several times (after many, many trips around level 3 on the shareware version before that) but that PC has long since crashed. So last fall I paid for a new download and have been slaying monsters here and there in my free time since. My three person party is currently around level 250 in their primary guilds and my dungeon runs usually finish with a foray into level 14.

I've been lurking around here for the last few months, mostly looking up monster information to aid with quests and just to refresh my general memory of the game. So I thought I would say hello and add to that long list of returning adventurers.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Jan 15 2019, 03:05 PM
Post #1348

Voyager

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (puma @ Jan 15 2019, 08:08 AM) *
Add me to the long list of former players from ages past who has chosen to return to the dungeons of Mordor. About 15 years ago I "beat" the game several times (after many, many trips around level 3 on the shareware version before that) but that PC has long since crashed. So last fall I paid for a new download and have been slaying monsters here and there in my free time since. My three person party is currently around level 250 in their primary guilds and my dungeon runs usually finish with a foray into level 14.

I've been lurking around here for the last few months, mostly looking up monster information to aid with quests and just to refresh my general memory of the game. So I thought I would say hello and add to that long list of returning adventurers.

Haha, God. I must have played the shareware version for years and years back as a pre-teen and teen before I ever bought the full version. Good times.

Welcome smile.gif

This post has been edited by fischsemmel: Jan 15 2019, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post
puma
post Jan 15 2019, 06:15 PM
Post #1349

Student

Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

QUOTE (fischsemmel @ Jan 15 2019, 09:05 AM) *
Haha, God. I must have played the shareware version for years and years back as a pre-teen and teen before I ever bought the full version. Good times.

Welcome smile.gif

Thanks!

Oh the teenage years playing the shareware version...I don't remember what my character's levels were but it seems like it would take at least 3 or 4 clean sweeps of Level 3 to make one level...and then you'd get quested for a monster or item that didn't even exist on level 1-3! Haha...yes, good times!

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Jan 15 2019, 06:40 PM
Post #1350

Lord Fnorgle

Welcome puma smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

68 Pages V  « < 66 67 68
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 08:17 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits