> HP bonus from CON, a idea about balancing CON/HP
damned
post Jul 10 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

i have an idea about the CON bonus but it's a little complicated but it would take out the legacy chars.

<all numbers are arbitrary>

the way CON is now is that if you have it maxed you get more HP than other char's of equal lvl who don't have it maxed (taking the optimal lvl'ing route) before maxing it out hundreds of lvls away

the way i suggest is like this:

PLAYER 1 (P-1)
GUILD - WAR
LVL - 30
HP - 100
CON - 20 (MAX)

PLAYER 2 (P-2)
GUILD - WAR
LVL - 30
HP - 75
CON - 15

now if "P-2" increased their CON by 5, "P-2" would have 100 HP
this would mean that at each guild lvl their is a certain number of HP you will have affected by the CON numbers you have. (code wise, probably easier to make the top number and go % wise down like 100HP=10 CON to 80HP=8 CON)

now "P-1" has played more, "P-1" is also in the Healers guild and has just switch to it and made 5 LVL's

PLAYER 1
GUILD - HEAL
LVL - 35
HP - 100
CON - 20 (MAX)

PLAYER 2 (P-2)
GUILD - WAR
LVL - 30
HP - 75
CON - 15

as you can see, "P-1" has not gotten anymore HP even though 5 LVL were made, this is because each guild has different lvls when they hit their HP-LVL cap (if their is one)

example HP-LVL cap for guilds:

WAR - 560
pally - 600
ninja - 640
seak - 680
thief - 720
heal - 780
WIZ - 900
SOC - 900

now these lvl's can change depending on how much CON you have at the time

so if we have a warrior/healer LVL's 520/660, the healer side would need to make about 60 more LVL's to over take the warrior HP-LVL and start gaining HP again.

now you may be thinking "what if i lose some CON points, will my HP go down?" my answer to that is NO. sure it will affect you when you lvl up without having maxed CON, but i don't want to see any kind of lowering HP because of losing CON.

now lowering of HP because you CHAR is OLD! i can see that, which can be fixed with a few potions of youth happy.gif

now i'm sure i had something else to add to this, but i forgot while typing this out sad.gif

---EDIT---

this really doesn't have anything to do with CON but maybe we could have some of the races start out with a baseline HP when their made? then again, that could really unbalance the races/guilds and theirs enuf of that with the E/N/G talk in the previous thread

also, closer to the end game (say start lvl would be 500?) their could be a special guild only item or stat that can provide bonuses to certain stats (but not stats like strength, wisdom, ect.) when your in that particular guild, which would still allow guilds like the warrior to have the most HP, except when that char changes guilds into say the wizard in which case the most MP, sorcerer = most SP and ect (hybrid guilds would get smaller bonuses to several stats), i believe that this would keep the guild switching down alot and keep players in the dungeon longer as well as making some of those currently useless guilds more attractive

---EDIT AGAIN---

whops i didn't see that a similar thread was posted here by crashland a year ago, oh well i've just expanded on it a bit

This post has been edited by damned: Jul 10 2010, 04:56 PM

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crusher Junior
post Jul 14 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #2

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

iIt is worth mentioning that the HP and constitutuin relationship has been changed to remove the typical path of maxing out HP. The HP bonus from constitution will apply at any level that you gain natural constitution points. The change was made to eliminate the unnecessary path of leveling up in a specific order (I think it was warrior, then nomad, then wizard, but I forget). This also eliminates the need for legacy characters, and it allows you to focus on leveling up in whichever guild you like

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jul 14 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #3

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

Although you still CAN choose to have a character with supermaxed stats if your really wanted. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Jul 14 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

A nice side effect is that the cheat of gaining HP from forfeiting quests is eliminated.

Still, there are some possible caveats here. How does it work with HP draining. An example of the weird stuff that could happen.

Let's say Grumpy the paladin has maxed his con at 20. He has 300 HP at level 30. But then he falls down a chute and ends up in the claws of an undead elbow macaroni. He is paralyzed while at full HP and drained, drained, drained and drained by this abomination. All his stats are ruined before he finally dies.

First question: could it possible that he would be drained to 0 HP, or is there a minimum? I assume there will be a minimum, equal to your guild level.

So now he has 4 con and 30 HP. However, luckily he has a large surplus of tomes stored at the bank, so he pumps con back up to 20. His HP grows back to (say) 170. In a stroke of madness, Grumpy decides to kill the monster that did this to him. Alas, he is paralyzed again. This time, his con is not harmed, but his HP are.

So now he is at level 30, with 20 con and 30 HP. At this point, we have a weird situation. Because the best he could do now is getting drained -again-, to lower his con on purpose. Once he is at 4 con, pumping his con back up would increase his HP back to 170.

In short, I think that if there is a minimum amount of HP, that minimum should depend on con to avoid this situation.

If there is no minimum, a character could run into negative max HP after losing a point of constitution. That would be brutal. devil.gif

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jul 15 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

A valid point. HP should be calculated dynamically based on GL, CON, and other factors.

+Quote Post
damned
post Jul 15 2010, 05:32 AM
Post #6

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

i can tell you this grobble, it never even came to mind about HP draining, and well since Crusher Junior and others who play the game itself say that it had been changed, we will just have to find out what that is when we play it, unless one you you programmers are willing to tell us? naughty.gif

anyways it sounds like something close (or maybe not) to my idea was implemented already and i'll just have to wait to see when the offical result comes out

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 03:09 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits