IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> You know you're not playing enough Mordor when..., Slight spoilers maybe (but likely nothing you don't already know o
BLauritson
post Jan 22 2019, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Lord Fnorgle

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
referrer:Let's see.. I can't remember now, it was too long ago.

...you have dreams like this one!

Warning: Dream logic aplenty in this one.

Started off that I was on DL 15 and had somehow just managed to charm the big boss himself.

Immediately I knew the race was on to stop him from breaking his bind and to get him to the confinement. I was trying to prepare the Domination spell but found to my surprise that he wasn't breaking any binding levels. So far so good. But then there was a problem.

I had to make sure I kept him alive, and I was conscious of the fact that I have never delved below DL 7 before. My hasty plan was to get to the centre of the dungeon and then keep teleporting up 3 levels at a time until I reached the top. So I quickly ran to where I thought the central staircase for DL 1 would be, teleported upwards...and tragedy struck!

As I landed in DL 12 my party was immediately dead. "Oh no! Don't tell me I've rocked them, please no!" I thought. Looking at the death message however, it said "Captured in the arena!". For indeed, in this dream version of Mordor there's a massive arena on DL 12 that somehow spans all the major countries on Earth. I was panicking at this stage, realising that I didn't have any means of getting another character down to DL 12 to rescue them.

Fortunately, I recalled that I had other characters in the city with a bit of gold on them, and I roughly remembered the coordinates of where my party died in the DL 12 arena. So I got one of my city characters to hire rescuers at the Morgue and was incredibly pleased to find that the rescue attempt was successful and my party was now resurrected.

Next thing I know I'm playing the party again and I'm back on DL 15. I thought to myself, "Right, I've got to do it correctly this time". So I carefully moved again to the central coordinates and started typing the Teleport spell coordinates...and thankfully realised before confirming that I had forgotten to put the minus sign in front of the 3. So that was corrected and I hastily began zipping up through the dungeon levels, ever conscious of the dangers on the deepest levels but feeling more and more relaxed as I neared the surface. Eventually I reached the city and all was well.

After the smoke had cleared I looked at my dungeon progress and saw a list of six "achievements" which represented barriers to the further exploration of the dungeon. Four of these I already had, but the fifth one was Arena Keys - until you had found those you couldn't go below the arena level on DL 12. "I'm so lucky that it was in the arena my party died," I thought to myself. "If it was any lower then the rescuers wouldn't have been able to get to them."

No idea what happened to Asmodeus in the end.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 23 2019, 02:54 AM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

That. Is. Weird. laugh.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 12:21 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits