IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Ultimate Death, A solemn farewell to a party no more...
BLauritson
post Mar 23 2020, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Lord Fnorgle

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
referrer:Let's see.. I can't remember now, it was too long ago.

Well, I'd like to say this subject line was about a heroic last stand against the big guy himself or some other such act of machismo stupidity sacrifice and bravery, but alas...

Two weeks ago my GPU developed a fault which in turn somehow set off a chain of events that prevented Windows from starting up entirely. I bought a new hard drive hoping to rescue the files I had, but long story short, apart from some critically important non-Mordor projects I'd wisely backed up the day before the fault happened, everything prior to May 2017 was lost.

Sadly, this means that the adventures of Brundath, Mythraxa, Gnumen and Nothrya have come to a permanent end, for it never occurred to me that I might need to backup the Windows XP virtual machine hard drive file along with the rest of it.

With this group I managed to delve deeper into the depths than I'd ever gone before, and reached higher levels with them than I'd ever achieved in my earlier years. As a group they were capable of brief forays down into DL10 and I think even 11 at one point, but that may have been an accident unless I'm misremembering things. Definitely reached 10 though which was a significant challenge for them at the time.

I have no plans to resurrect this group, but they shall forever live on in my Mordor memory for the great things they achieved.

Brundath the Male Neutral Giant
Mythraxa the Female Good Elf
Gnumen the Male Good Gnome
Nothrya the Female Neutral Osiri

18th December 2018 to 12th March 2020

May you all rest forever in the depths.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 07:54 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits