fischsemmel
post Sep 27 2019, 10:40 AM
Post #21

Mentor

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (fischsemmel @ Sep 26 2019, 06:56 AM) *
I only very rarely have companions, charmed just to return to town with them, and generally not companions that are strong enough. This is possible but not too likely I don't think. I'll make sure I notice if I have them or not the next time I see this happen.

Like I said, it may just be a trick on my eyes from the screen refresh rate or something, but I swear one time I even saw the second group gone with the first group still present at the end of a melee round.

Yep. Just had it happen with a group of 2 fiends, 1 twisted devil, 2 imps. I was targetted on my 4th party member and after the first round of melee combat, with no companions or spells, there was 1 fiend, 0 twisted devils, and 2 imps still alive. The second group got attacked and killed somehow before the first group, on which I was (by default) targetted, was wiped out.

This post has been edited by fischsemmel: Sep 27 2019, 12:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Sep 27 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #22

Soldier

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

QUOTE (fischsemmel @ Sep 27 2019, 04:40 AM) *
Yep. Just had it happen with a group of 2 fiends, 1 twisted devil, 2 imps. I was targetted on my 4th party member and after the first round of melee combat, with no companions or spells, there was 1 fiend, 0 twisted devils, and 2 imps still alive. The second group got attacked and killed somehow before the first group, on which I was (by default) targetted, was wiped out.

What were your companions? Were they breath weapon companions or spellcasters?
I have noticed that breathing companions don't always breathe (same with actual monsters with breath weapons - they don't always breathe, though I feel companions breathe less than angry monsters. Might just be perception bias though). When a companion with a breath weapon uses it, I also don't know exactly how many targets it can hit. I've been attacking a group of ants or slaves with some white or mun dragons and sometimes they clear the entire 4 groups in a single round while others they only hit like 5-6 targets. I'm wondering if the game calculates each companions' chance to breathe separately.

I'm pretty sure that only one spellcaster minion can cast a spell in any round, but I'm not sure that rule applies for breathing companions. They do all act in the same combat frame though (and each have their own chance to breathe), so this would be rather hard to definitively test without looking directly at the game code.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 27 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #23

Mentor

QUOTE (MythrilZenith @ Sep 27 2019, 11:28 AM) *
What were your companions? Were they breath weapon companions or spellcasters?
I have noticed that breathing companions don't always breathe (same with actual monsters with breath weapons - they don't always breathe, though I feel companions breathe less than angry monsters. Might just be perception bias though). When a companion with a breath weapon uses it, I also don't know exactly how many targets it can hit. I've been attacking a group of ants or slaves with some white or mun dragons and sometimes they clear the entire 4 groups in a single round while others they only hit like 5-6 targets. I'm wondering if the game calculates each companions' chance to breathe separately.

I'm pretty sure that only one spellcaster minion can cast a spell in any round, but I'm not sure that rule applies for breathing companions. They do all act in the same combat frame though (and each have their own chance to breathe), so this would be rather hard to definitively test without looking directly at the game code.

I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't have any companions huh? Haha

Nah. This time there was no alternative possibilty, guaranteed. My whole party was meleeing, I had no companions, they weren't monsters that can steal and therefore disappear early, etc.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Sep 27 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #24

Soldier

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

QUOTE (fischsemmel @ Sep 27 2019, 09:53 AM) *
I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't have any companions huh? Haha

Nah. This time there was no alternative possibilty, guaranteed. My whole party was meleeing, I had no companions, they weren't monsters that can steal and therefore disappear early, etc.

Ah, you said party, not companion. Whoops! I totally missed that laugh.gif

Yeah, I don't know what could be going on. It's possible there may be alternate party settings for primary target group? I know that I have gotten into the habit of taking out the weaker monsters (groups 2-3) before the stronger ones on my solo char because I can more easily guarantee a kill and thus an extra swing, but I manually opt into that every time by hitting the '2' key. I'm not sure why your party is attacking differently. I'd double-check party attack buffers and defaults for any of these possibilities.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 27 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #25

Mentor

Yeah, I thought to check that too. Everyone was set to the fight option, and as far as I can tell the times I tried to check with quick Ns during combat, everyone always defaults to attacking group 1 unless you use 2, 3, or 4 (or a mouse click) to direct them at a different group.

I have no idea why it is happening, heh.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2020 - 08:25 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits