> WFT?, A Goblie companion???
XaW
post Nov 25 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #1

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,092
referrer:g00gle

I suddenly, and for no appearent reason got a goblie with 0/0 HP as a companion.

Before you ask, no, I haven't messed with the editor.

I had a party of 3 characters on the way back to town, when a clean-up wanted to join me. I accepted and in the first fight i got this message in the messagewindow; "Companion #1 accidently spit on Companion #1" And then loads of messages saying; "COMPANION SORTER: REMAPPING COMPANION#0".

Anyone know anything about this?

--------------------
"Sex is like air, it's only important when you're not getting any" - Quote from another forum
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Nov 25 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #2

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Ah, yes annoying bug. rolleyes.gif IIRC to get rid of the goblin, you can keep raising it in the morgue until it fails.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
XaW
post Nov 25 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #3

Student

Member No.: 4,092
referrer:g00gle

hmmm....ok, so it's a well known bug? shocked.gif I have been playing for quite some years now, but this is the first time i have encountered it. whistling.gif Oh, well, morgue here i come! happy.gif

--------------------
"Sex is like air, it's only important when you're not getting any" - Quote from another forum

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 5 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #4

Explorer

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,359
referrer:Home of the Underdogs

Bump.

I have done some research concerning this bug. As we know, sometimes a Clean-up companion will spit on your party members or their companions. It has been reported that this sometimes causes a GOBLIE to appear as a companion.

What is happening is this: The clean-up can attack a team-mate's Companion #1, even if the team-mate has no companions. When this happens, the last companion to occupy companion slot #1 is created. Thus if you used to have, say, a Pandrun there then this bug will create another Pandrun for you. Here's the kicker- if that character has never had any companions, this bug will cause monster #0 to be spawned. And that's the infamous GOBLIE.

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Oct 5 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #5

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

Ty :O

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
TimothyXL
post Oct 6 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #6

Explorer

Member No.: 4,200
referrer:Google search

Two years later, the mystery is revealed to be... scripting.
Might be useful to create lots of Indiginis.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Oct 6 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #7

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

So if I understand this correctly, when you have a namana in companion slot #1 and it dies but you can't carry it for some reason, and later on a clean-up companion of another party member tries to spit on your companions, you get a new namana?

What if you sell the namana to the store instead? Does this also mean you get a new one after the spit, or do you now get a GOBLIE?

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
TimothyXL
post Oct 6 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #8

Explorer

Member No.: 4,200
referrer:Google search

QUOTE (Nexus @ Oct 5 2009, 09:55 AM) *
What is happening is this: The clean-up can attack a team-mate's Companion #1, even if the team-mate has no companions. When this happens, the last companion to occupy companion slot #1 is created. Thus if you used to have, say, a Pandrun there then this bug will create another Pandrun for you. Here's the kicker- if that character has never had any companions, this bug will cause monster #0 to be spawned. And that's the infamous GOBLIE.

I'm guessing that it means not having companions, but having had (it's your language, I'm only trying to use it) a companion.

And if you sell it you had it, so you get another one. If I'm right.

Could be good for Namana's, Sun Dragons,... If you don't mind a little bugsploitation.

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 6 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #9

Explorer

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Oct 7 2009, 12:57 AM) *
So if I understand this correctly, when you have a namana in companion slot #1 and it dies but you can't carry it for some reason, and later on a clean-up companion of another party member tries to spit on your companions, you get a new namana?

What if you sell the namana to the store instead? Does this also mean you get a new one after the spit, or do you now get a GOBLIE?

In both cases you'd get a new namana. If the last companion to occupy your companion slot #1 is a namana, that is what the clean-up bug will spawn. It doesn't matter how you got rid of your original namana. The only way to get a GOBLIE, as far as I can tell, is if that character has never ever had any companions. Even dying doesn't "reset" your companion slots.

QUOTE (TimothyXL @ Oct 7 2009, 06:07 AM) *
Could be good for Namana's, Sun Dragons,... If you don't mind a little bugsploitation.

Well... I got my first hint of what the bug was doing when my clean-up cloned a Tengu that I'd previously sold to confinement. Being so rare, you notice when they show up.

This post has been edited by Nexus: Oct 6 2009, 08:17 PM

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Oct 6 2009, 11:37 PM
Post #10

Veteran

Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

QUOTE (TimothyXL @ Oct 6 2009, 08:07 PM) *
If you don't mind a little bugsploitation.
A documented bug is a feature. wiggle.gif

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 7 2009, 04:43 AM
Post #11

Explorer

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Oct 7 2009, 12:57 AM) *
a namana

Doo doooooo de doo doo. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Oct 7 2009, 07:03 AM
Post #12

Illusionist

Member No.: 1,203
referrer:Slimie's site

i never had this happen to me sad.gif

and when i attack slimes now and then they make humanoid death sound after spitting and/or attacking (IIRC it was non companion slimes)

ill subscribe to this topic smile.gif

--------------------
Ich kann 5% deutsch sprechen.

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

siggy last edited on 17/11/09 @ 8:19 PM

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 7 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #13

Explorer

QUOTE (Kingkirki_49 @ Oct 7 2009, 06:03 PM) *
i never had this happen to me sad.gif

and when i attack slimes now and then they make humanoid death sound after spitting and/or attacking (IIRC it was non companion slimes)

ill subscribe to this topic smile.gif

I've noticed this too, but I have not yet worked out what's causing it. It seems to only happen if you have a dead companion. My best guess is that a GOBLIE is momentarily created and killed, and then instantly dropped because the other dead companion has a higher max HP than the GOBLIE.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Oct 7 2009, 11:28 AM
Post #14

Dungeon Master

The greatest potential for exploit is probably when a really high-level charm resistant monster decides to join. whistling.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Oct 12 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #15

Dungeon Master

I added this trick to the wiki under Cheats (because it lets you copy companions). Maybe the full bug description should also be added somewhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Oct 12 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #16

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Oct 12 2009, 02:18 AM) *
I added this trick to the wiki under Cheats (because it lets you copy companions). Maybe the full bug description should also be added somewhere.

Has anyone confirmed that it actually works?

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 12 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #17

Explorer

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Oct 12 2009, 06:34 PM) *
Has anyone confirmed that it actually works?

What, you don't believe me? I'm shocked, and hurt.

wink.gif

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Oct 12 2009, 09:33 AM
Post #18

Dungeon Master

Uhm, I don't want to hurt your feelings further Nexus, but I did check it. No offense! tongue.gif

Very nice find by the way.

This post has been edited by grobblewobble: Oct 12 2009, 09:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Dec 19 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #19

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

it just happened to me :O its not much of a problem however its a nuisance! the game loves to keep saying something about 'companion sorter: remapping companions"' and I've tried using the editor to give it hp and nothing. i tried replacing it too and nothing.... nothing worked sad.gif now i could try resurrecting it but that could take hours. is there any other way of fixing it yet? i can try resurrecting it over and over if need be though

oh and the cleanup part reminds me of ditto from Pokemon except its spit turns into a companion lmao

EDIT: replacing the monster with another monster or editing hp (i forget which one) stops the companion sorter: remapping companions messages

edit2: yay hes gone now biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by i_love_rush_and_ledzepp: Dec 19 2014, 03:15 AM

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Dec 19 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #20

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

i just looked at the cheats...

spoiler:

"To copy a specific companion, put it in companion slot #1 and sell it to confinement. Now make sure you have no companions left and walk around with another character with 4 clean-ups as companions. Occasionally the clean-ups will attempt to spit on the non-existent first companion of the first character, and this will create a new copy. "

it would be useful but is it worth the effort?

This post has been edited by i_love_rush_and_ledzepp: Dec 19 2014, 06:34 PM

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2020 - 11:22 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits